Photoshop CS6: Painting and Illustration
Working hours: 16+/- hrsARTISTIC POINTERS:
- The concept here symbolizes a divine spirit of nature in such a way 'blesses' Lara to evolve into a hardened survivor, literally as she branches out from the root of the antlers.
- Hypothetically, this is the same first stag/deer that Lara had to hunt and kill to ensure survival; just with the eyes to express, it's as if it accepts graciously of the sacrifice that was meant to be - hence the title.
- The cherry blossom trees which are part of the local flora springs life into this depiction, compliments the birth of the warrior almost ceremoniously.
- While painting this, I always keep in mind the theme of genesis
, specifically, the deeper meaning of 'reborn' associated a lot with the new Tomb Raider, of how she became to the the Lara we know of.
- There are soo many Laras' XD Though the plan was to reflect the number of her age in TR2013. This is just to show when she has been 'initiated'.CREDITS:
- Crystal Dynamics (Developers) and Square Enix (Publisher) for Tomb Raider.
- Epic Brush Set by DanLuVisiart used for everything in this artwork, especially the deer's fur: danluvisiart.deviantart.com/ar...
- In game screenshots for Lara and the deer references.