Photoshop CS5.1 Extended; 30hours+/- cumulative; Airbrushing, Painting, and Photoshop for post-processing.
Commission done for Exeter42
for his Femshep OC.Come and send me a Note if you have your Mass Effect OC characters need for my little service.Original art size is about 5 times bigger than this; it bugs me a little because most of my detailing work seems to vanished in the compression. Do download it here if you want to see more details into it, it's worth 14MB of size for a single jpeg: [link] COMMENTS:
- Art's atmosphere inspired by some scenes in 'Final Fantasy: The Spirit Within'; for example like those whimsical wisps thingy flying around, tangy and purple gradient overall tone, etc. etc.
- The science and space buff, please bare with me if this planet seems unnatural and defies physics, it's just a concept and panorama distortion
- I experimented by drawing a lime green aurora amidst the tangy and orangy sky, it seems not to feel out of place though looked that way at first.
- I stirred clear from that typical Mass Effect blueish light effect on this art, but I now I felt it needs that as it's somewhat visually integral. Will revise if necessary... CREDITS:
- Bioware and EA.
- Collective of brushes from IMAGINE FX from issue 80 to 86.
- ME3 screenshots provided to me for references.
- In game screenshots for Normandy reference, and MAKO!!!!
- Few mountain (From Arizona) images for landscape reference.
- Carbon fiber patterns from DA (will update the source soon)