Photoshop CS6: Painting, Airbrushing and Photoshop Post-processing.
18 hours +/-
- Watched 'The Tourist' [link]
and I based the face on that classy and gracious Jolie look in this movie. Yes, coincidentally she 'was' Lara Croft but this has minor influence to do with it; it's a look I wanted to capture. Especially the lips
- Tried to keep her looking 'video game-y' or 'Pseudo 3D' here and bridge it with touches of realism. I believe TR: U Lara has strong grounds in the VG realm, so it's best to celebrate her as a VG Icon in 3D form instead of attempting to fully depict a realism render of her.
- I moved away from the gritty and outdoorish theme and went all vogue in this piece. Just a tribute to encapsulate the beauty of this VG icon where we spent most time ogling the rest of hers lol.
- I've made these effort to promote the new Lara Croft in my gallery, but I had this nagging feeling why it's hard to convinced everyone of her - I just remembered her predecessor, the one that got me bonkers about 6 years ago in the game called Tomb Raider:Underworld! CREDITS
- Skin and hair brushes by castrochew: [link]
- Lips painting tutorial from calaymo: [link]
- Heaps of textured brushes from IMAGINE FX issue July to September
- Hair brush from Para-Vine: [link]
- Anjelina Jolie screenshot from 'The Tourist' for lips/mouth references
- Tomb Raider: Underworld screenshots from Crystal Dynamics official website for face references.
- Alison Carol Tomb Raider promo art for attire (harness) references
- H&K USP Match 9mm pistol references from Google
- Will add more soon....DO CHECK OUT MY TAKE ON THE 'NEW' LARA IN THE UPCOMING TOMB RAIDER 2013 GAME: